Thursday, January 19, 2017

3xr2107 - Reduce, Reuse and Recycle Challenge

Shall I give you some secrets from the life of a goldsmith?

Every time I create a wonderful piece of jewelery, a heap of precious metal remains.
Too expensive to throw it away; Too big to melt. And at all, maybe I still need that!



Every time I visit a trade fair or a stone merchant, the hunter and collector awakens in me.
There are so wonderful stones and stone chains. And immediately something comes to mind, which I can work from it.
But later in the workshop, I am certainly missing a completely different stone, which fits the latest piece of jewelery.

 
Not every time, but often enough, a piece of jewelry remains unfinished.
I call it "Lost Pieces" - in line with the “Lost Places”. They share the fate of the abandoned houses: Once designed with enthusiasm and animated with passion to a workpiece, is somewhere and sometime drained the life out of the metal.


Something is missing, perhaps a last piece of material, which is not in stock. Or the final touch, a suitable idea for the complete piece. Or just the right - the matching stone.

And really, it looks like this in every jewelry workshop. Although - probably everyone who works creatively will now say: I have such collections, too.


The Etsy Metal Team is facing the challenge this year again:

Reduce, Reuse and Recycle 

From reduction to recycling, all the rests should be reused, which has accumulated.
It´s an individual challenge. There are no other rules. Everyone decides what works for him.
I will try to create 52 projects. One for each week.

Finished pieces can be found under the hashtag #3xr and 3xr2017 on Instagram and Co. Visit our group account. 

What has accumulated with you? Write in the comments how you want to process these treasures this year.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>