Thursday, October 20, 2011

EtsyMetal Charm Swap 9



The month of October brings a brand new EtsyMetal Charm Swap known from here on out as Charm Swap 9 or CS9.

This go-around I, Laney Clark, and my co-curator, Michele Grady , will be working as a team to bring 20 Etsymetal members together to create what promises to be a phenomenal collection of charms. I'm one of the newer members to the EtsyMetal team but I have hit the ground running and I am really excited to be a part of this swap. I am so happy to be working with Michele as she was the co-curator (along with Victoria Takahashi) of the EtsyMetal Charm Swap 8 that has just wrapped up. It will be great to work with someone who knows the ropes! Be sure to watch the EtsyMetal team store for the EtsyMetal Charm Swap 8 bracelet as well as individual CS8 charms for sale.

Here is how the EtsyMetal charm swap works:
Signups are held for members who want to join the swap. We have a limit of 20 members and each member needs to create and mail-in 22 charms. 20 of each participant's charms will be swapped with other participants and in the end, each member will receive 20 different charms back (including one of their own). After all of the charms have been swapped there will be 40 remaining charms. 20 of those charms will be used to create the EtsyMetal Charm Swap 9 bracelet. The other 20 will be available for sale individually in the EtsyMetal team store along with the completed bracelet.

Half of the proceeds from the sale of the bracelet goes towards our EtsyMetal Youth Outreach Program. EtsyMetal will donate 50% to the curator's choice of a Youth Art Organization. I will announce the recipient once it has been selected.

CS9 signups opened up earlier this week. The charms are due the end of March 2012. Over the coming weeks I will be documenting the progress of the swap here on the blog so be sure to check back often.

Until my next installment here is a hint from Victoria Takahashi on what she is dreaming up:



"I had already decided during cs8 what I was making for cs9!
A piece that I believe has represented me for a long time now.
I hope you will like them team!
And I better start now if I am going to be done by march 2012!? ha!"

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>