Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Book Club Challenge: "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" by Robert Louis Stevenson




In his classic novella "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde", Robert Louis Stevenson confronts the reader with the classic struggle between good and evil, and speaks to the duality of human nature.

experimetal



 Sterling Silver, Test Tube, Salt

 I think this classic was a pretty easy read, the characters form very slowly and it generates anticipated interest about them which obviously "hooks" the reader. So in my small nutshell, I just wanted MORE from the entire story. But I really love the concept of good and evil residing and warring inside ones psyche and the tension it creates, but did not love the long build up in a short book for the loose ended ending.

Erin Austin 

 Torn
Brass, Sterling Silver 
It took me a good while before I was able to get past the first couple of pages, but once I settled in there seemed to be a subtle rhythm that moved the story along. I was also very impressed with the way the author built tension. Much different that the suspense novels I'm used to, Stevenson used the concern and speculation
of a friend to slowly develop the plot and create suspense.  



What's behind the gown....
Copper, fine silver, forming, torch enameled


Next on our list: "Room" by Emma Donoghue

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>