Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lisa's Pieces



1. Where do you live, and where are you from?
I was born in a suburb of New York and lived there until I was 12. I have lived in Connecticut; Massachusetts; London, England; Paris, France, Florida and currently live with my family in a suburb of Chicago.

2. How did you get started working with metal?
I have always done some kind of craft or another. When I was 26 I had no interest in football and the only other thing I could find to fill my Monday nights was a class in Jewelry making. From the first night I was hooked.

3. What are a few of your favorite pieces at the moment?
My favorite pieces of my own work are generally the more layered, complicated ones.


4. What inspires you (artists, objects, interests)?
I can be inspired by pretty much anything. I often “see” great ideas in strange or mundane places. One of my favorite pieces I made after a major oil spill. Another I was inspired by a TV show set. Also I am a book addict and have 100’s of art, jewelry, metal and other books. I especially love some the work of some 1950’s and 1960’s jewelers.

5. Do you have any other artistic interests?
I have closets full of craft supplies. I have gone through all consuming phases of knitting , scrap booking , rubber stamping, painting on glass to name a few. Now I try hard not to spread myself to thin but focus on my jewelry.

You can find more of Lisa's work in her Etsy Shop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That pendant is gorgeous...nice feature.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>