Thursday, June 26, 2008

Norsola Johnson



Today we are interviewing Norsola Johnson, a fantastic metalsmith with a range of skills and interests! You can check out her Etsy Shop here and her blog here.




1. Where do you live, and where are you from?

I was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and currently reside there.
I travel a lot, and like to think of the world as my home, but Montreal will probably always be home base.



2. How did you get started working with metal?

Aside from helping my dad with his DIY projects as a kid, (and trying to keep him from seriously injuring himself), I've pretty much always been a rock-hound/magpie, and started making jewellery when I was just a wee one. Metalsmithing came later, about 4 years ago. I'm mostly self-taught, though I've taken a number of specialized courses over the years.



3. What are a few of your favorite pieces at the moment?

My newest picture box series has me pretty excited...
I also quite like my Cosmos series. I enjoy playing with resin and have a passion for astronomy.



4. What inspires you?

Yikes. What doesn't? Everything, pretty much...nature, texture, colour, rocks, films, books, music, dance, heartbreak, fear, failure, laughter, people, travel, beautiful places, space, perspective, a strange looking bug, a crack in the sidewalk...



5. Do you have any other artistic interests?

Yes. I also play cello, write music, dance, and muck around with aerosol paint, among a few other things. I've often said that there's really only three things I need in life: to breathe, to be in love, and to make stuff.

1 comment:

louloupink said...

beautiful stuff Norsola. I especially love your hot pink fuzz ball ring. Beautiful!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
>